Why You Need Online Invoicing Software
Many businesses start with doing their invoicing using some sort of computer software such as Word or Excel, not online invoicing software. Perhaps keeping a list of clients in a spreadsheet and laboriously generating a new invoice with every sale or service provided. And there are established businesses that are also spending unwarranted amounts of time with this type of quote and invoicing system.
You can easily end up with hundreds of files and be so bogged down in the admin that it is difficult to see and keep up with what quotes have been sent or received; what invoices are paid or overdue. Often the latter require another
file. This admin is boring, time-consuming, at times confusing and a real chore.
Not to mention if you are writing quotes and invoices by hand! You may need to hire someone just to sort out all of the paper work and capture details.
You are not in the business of quoting and invoicing, so don’t make it a key element of your time spend. There are businesses where hours are spent daily on quoting and invoicing. There is no time to follow-up or really use the details and information gathered from your clients for business intelligence.
So, how do you make this task simpler and faster? You use online invoicing software. Now you can go for an accounting package but, often this is more than what you require, is complicated, is usually slow and revolves around invoices and not clients or customers. So, unless you are going to use it to its full extent, rather go with a simple invoice software, such as our PocketSME Invoice online software
. So, what is this quotes and invoicing software going to do for you?
- Reduce time spent on quotes and invoices.
- you can maintain a database of your clients’ details so that you don’t need to enter them or copy them over each time you create a new quote or invoice.
- You can draw up a list of your products and services including prices so that when you are doing a quote or an invoice, you can easily select it and have it “filled in” immediately.
- Convert a quote to an invoice with the click of a button.
- Create template emails for quick and easy invoice, quote and receipt emails.
- Set up your company details and logo so that it is added to each quote or invoice automatically.
- Easy capturing of payments.
- Create your quotes and invoices immediately whilst you are still with your client and get quick responses.
- No need to spend the evening catching up on quotes and invoices.
- Organisation and manageability
- Keep quotes, invoices, contacts in one ordered place.
- Easily track quotes and invoices so that you can follow-up if required.
- Sending invoices and quotes from a “proper” system with standardized emails and consistent item information increases the professional look of your business. It is a logical step in the growth of a business.
- Reduce costs
- If you’re doing your quotes and invoices yourself, you will know how time-consuming it is. How much is an hour of your time worth? Is spending that time on quoting and invoicing worth it?
- If you employ someone to assist with quoting and invoicing, you can reduce the number of hours that they need to work and thereby save on administration costs.
- Increase payments
- Our online invoicing software will easily enable you to see what payments are outstanding and you can send reminder invoices at the click of a button.
- Add online credit card facilities – the more payment options there are, the better.
- See whether invoice emails have been opened AND whether the actual invoices have been viewed.
- Doing on-the-spot business means clients receive invoices immediately after your transaction and pay faster.
- Follow up on quotes
- Quotes often “slip through the cracks”. It is difficult to keep track of them if you don’t have an ordered system. Just by following up on quotes you can increase your business.
- Multiple client contact methods
- With PocketSME Invoice not only can you send clients’ notifications via email, but also texting. You can truly be “in their pocket.”
- Free up your time for more important things
- By reducing your time spent on admin significantly, you will have more time to spend on the important aspects of your business, such as marketing.
- Manage your business from anywhere with PocketSME Invoice
- Add new clients, follow-up on invoices etc. from the comfort of your lounge, or a coffee shop, travelling on a bus or even whilst on holiday!
- The software is responsive so it is easy to use on your phone.
- Impress clients with immediate quotes and information.
- Quick access to contacts in the PocketSME customer database.
- Click-to-call and direct client email functionality.
- GPS co-ordinates of address is calculated and can be automatically inserted into Google or Apple Maps for directions.
- Data storage and back-up.
- Have all of your important client and financial information in one place with safe and secure storage and back-up facilities.
- You don’t need to worry about your phone being stolen or your computer hard-drive crashing.
- Increase your customer base
All-in-all, using PocketSME Invoice
is a logical step in the growth of your business. If you are not using online invoicing software, then it is advisable that you investigate switching over to an electronic system straight away. If you already are using a quote and invoice program, check that it is the best invoice software for you!